Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week Four



Assignment-
Finalize Lincoln photoshop mash-up.  Results will be printed out on glossy paper and hung in a gallery.

Craft- One of the main critiques that I have received so far through this process was that my photoshopped Lincoln looks like a painting.  Instead of starting from scratch, I decided to continue working on trying to make Lincoln look more realistic.  I brightened the shadows around his eyes, gave his forehead and cheeks a white glare, and played around with the different coloring techniques.  I also tried to make him smile by liquifying the corners of his lips.

Composition- After the image was flattened, I tested out different coloring options for the entire picture.  I especially considered going the black and white route, but ultimately decided to go color.  My final attempt, I hope, looks better than my previous ones.  At least Lincoln isn't giving a complete death glare this time around.

Concept- Changing Lincoln's death glare into a semi-smile redirected my concept a bit.  This slight change indicates that although Lincoln is all for challenging society's norms (or in this case, television personalities' norms--notice Lincoln's the only one not showing teeth), he still is willing to compromise and keep the peace.  He knows how to pick his battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment