Friday, February 27, 2009

Week Six

First draft
Assignment-
 Turn in first draft of second concept and continue working on it

Craft- We are still using photoshop for this project.  New techniques are being used along the way, such as the magic wand tool.  We're learning how to utilize preproduction to make postproduction (photoshop) much easier to do.  There is a strong focus on backgrounds.

Composition- I used Saint Xavier's racquetball court as the setting for this mashup.  I wanted a room that was clear of distractions, and the white walls offered that.  I asked my friend to try several different poses in the corner of the room to see which worked best.  I eventually picked out one where she looked depressed and went with it.  After that picture was chosen, I asked her to stand outside and pose like she was yelling.

Concept- The concept I was going for involved someone trying to get a message cross but different obstacles appear to get in the way.  Another reason that the racquetball court was useful, was the fact that it had a clear glass wall window stretched across.  I used the window as a barrier between the two people (who happen to be the same person) in the picture.  One version of her is on the outside looking in, while the other is on the inside-- she's oblivious to what's going on outside.  The one on the outside is yelling; the one on the inside looks lost.  The outside version is just trying to tell the inside version but to no avail.


No comments:

Post a Comment