Saturday, April 11, 2009

Week Eleven

Assignment-  We had to put our images from Photoshop into a program called Comic Life in preparation for our critiques on Monday.  We continued improving our comics with major help from classmates' observations and critiques.  Those who did not receive a 4/4 on critiques are still working to try and improve their comics.

Craft- One of the most common critiques I received was that my colors were kind of not so good ("REALLY bad" says a fellow critiquer) and so I spent most of my time trying to improve the overall clarity of the pictures while reworking the color schemes.  I followed the advice from classmates and tried my best to improve my work.

Composition- My layers were a bit mixed up.  I forgot to switch the background layer into the front, so I went back and fixed that up.  I also desaturated the images and multiplied.  The results indicated that this technique was much better than my original composition (when I did not follow these steps).  The pictures are a little darker but crisper; the extra brightness from my original images is now gone.

Concept- I tried making my images more clear so readers would understand my comic a bit better.  I hope that my newest reworking on the pictures will improve my comic in the eyes of future readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment